Ibn Ahmed Al Biruni
(973AD – 1048AD OF Kheva, Uzbekistan)
One of the greatest scientists of all times
Books written by Him:
- Katib Al Saodana (Indian Medicine) 2. Kitab Al Hind ( History & Geographay )
- Kitab Al Jamahir, deals with the proper ties of various sotnes.
- TAl Tafhim li Awail sina at Al Tayim ( A summary of Mathematics and Astronomy)
- Al Athar Al Baquia – Connected Account of Ancient History of Nations related to Geographical knowledge – Discussed Rotation of the Earth.
- Qanuni Masoodi ( Al Qanun Al Masoodi fi Al haiya wa Nujum), on Astronomy, Trignometry , solar, Lunar , and Planetory moitions and relative topics.
Achievements & Contributions:
- Observed that flowers have 3,4,5,6,8,18 petals but never 7 or 9.
- The First One to undertake experiments related to Astronomical Phenomena.
- Scientific contributions include the accurate determination of the densities of (18 ) different stones.
- Developed a method for trisection of an angle and other problems which can not be solved with a ruler and a campass alone.
- His descriptions of India, were so complete that even the Acin-i-Akbari, 600 years later, owes a great deal to Al Biruni’s Book.
- Al Biruni knew that the Earth rotates about its own axis, some 600 years prior to Galileo and determined the Earth’s circumfrence some 700 years prior to Newton.