Father of Surgery (936AD-1013AD) of Cordoba Spain
Book written by Him: Al Tasrif- A medical Encyclopedia spanning (30) volumes which includes section on Surgery, Medicine , Orthopedics, Opthalmology, Nutrition etc.
Achievements & Contributions:
- The first scientist to describe the so called “Walcher Position” in Obstetrics.
- The First One to depict dental Arches, Tongue Depresors lead Catheters.
- The First One to describe clearly the Hereditary circumstances sunrrounding Haemophilia, described ligaturing of blood vessels long before Ambroise Pare.
- The French Surgeon Guy de Chauliac in his great surgery completed in about 1363, quoted At – Tasrif over 200 times. El zahrawi was described by Pietro Argallate (1423AD) as “without doubt the Chief of all Surgeons.
- Described about Chemical Preparations, Tablet making, Filtering of Extracts and related to Pharmaceuticals Techniques.