(1099Ad – 1166AD of Ceuta, Spain)
First Man to Lay World Map
Books written By Him:
- Rawd – Unnas wa Nazhat al Nafs (pleasire of men and delight of souls )also known as Kitab al Mamlik wa al Maslik( another Geogrphical Enncyclopedia larger than than the former.
- Al kitab Al Rujari (Roger’s Book), also entitled Nuzhat Al Mashtaq fi Ikhtiraq al Afaq (Delight of him who desires to journey through the climates ) – a Geographical Encyclopedia of the time, containing information not only on Asia and Africa, but also Western countries.
His Achievements & Contributions:
- Made a Planisher in Silver for King Roger II.
- Geography books remained popular both in the East and the West for several centuries.
- Gave the names of the Drugs in (6) languages, Syria, Greek, Persian, Hindi, Latin, and Berber.
- Made original contributions to Geographay, especially a s related to Economics , Physiol.
- Made available a large number of new drugs and plants together with their evaluation to the Medical Practitoners.
- Collected plants and data not reported earlierand added this to the subject of Botany with sepecial reference to Medical Practitoners.
- Travelled far and wide in connection with his studies and then flourished at the Norman,courtin Palermo, His major contribution lies in a Medical Plants (Botany ) as presented in his several books, especially Kitab al Jami li Sifat Ashtat al Nabatat , studied and reviewed all the literature on the subject of Medicinal Plants till that time.